Have you ever dreamed of planting and harvesting your own food with your own hands? If yes, you have come to the right place. The UT Concho Community Garden seeks to provide you the micro-level opportunity to re-establish the natural link between you and the food you ingest.
To serve as vibrant resource for the community by promoting the practices of: community gardening, sustainable agriculture, & environmental cooperation. We seek to provide an open space for the forging of a community that grows with one another, the exploration of important environmental topics, and connecting to nature through food.
Become a part of the Concho Community:
- Own a raised bed plot and grow your own food!
- The garden is always open to work on your plot.
- Volunteer individually or with your organization
- Wednesdays 3:30 p.m – 5:30 p.m
- Saturdays 10 a.m – 12 p.m
- Sign up to attend an upcoming garden event on Give Pulse
- We are revamping our community areas
- We will have plenty of beautification and art projects
- Like our Facebook page for our latest updates
What’s Growin’, Good Lookin’?
We currently have:
- Newly constructed cedar-wood plots, including individual plots, teaching plots, and student organization plots
- Community areas with plenty of seasonal and organic vegetables, herbs and fruit trees
- Native plants
Tools for plot owner and volunteer use
Rain water collecting systems
Lil’ Gardeners classes: we provide weekly classes to children from the UT Child Development Center
Many more projects and improvements to come